Are you looking to sell your home but want to boost its value before putting it on the market? Are you worried about the state of your garage concrete floors? One of the best ways to improve your property value is by installing epoxy flooring in the garage. This helps not only spruce up the look of your garage but also offers a number of practical benefits.
This article aims to cover the basics of epoxy, what sets garage epoxy apart, and how you can boost your property value by installing epoxy flooring in your garage.
What is Epoxy?
Epoxy is a type of plastic resin made up of two components: a resin and a hardener. Combined, they form an extremely durable and strong coating that can resist wear, tear, heat, and moisture. The mixture also has very low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), making it a safer choice for indoor use.
What Makes Garage Epoxy Different?
Garage epoxy is designed specifically to withstand the rigors of daily garage use. It is typically applied in multiple layers, ranging from 3-4 millimeters in thickness. This makes it one of the strongest and most durable floor coatings available. Its anti-slip properties are also great for reducing the risk of slipping, especially when wet.
Garages and commercial spaces have different needs than residential settings, but a permanent floor coating layer can help protect the flooring from scratches and wear caused by vehicle traffic or heavy objects. The epoxy also provides thermal insulation, helping to reduce energy costs.
How Can Installing Epoxy Flooring in the Garage Boost Property Value?
Installing epoxy flooring in the garage can immediately boost your home’s curb appeal and aesthetics. It is also much easier to maintain, as the material requires less care than options like wood or tile. Let’s take a look at each factor in more detail:
- Aesthetics – Epoxy flooring is customizable and can come in a variety of colors, making it easy to choose one that will fit the look and feel of your home. The glossy finish also adds depth and sheen to a garage space, creating an inviting atmosphere.
- Durability – Epoxy flooring is known for its durability and resistance to wear, tear, heat, and moisture. This makes it a great option for garages and commercial spaces, as the material will require less maintenance over time.
- Low-Maintenance – Garage epoxy requires very little maintenance, making it an ideal choice for busy homeowners. Most find that they can save hours of time and energy each month on cleaning and upkeep simply by opting for a permanent floor coating.
- Thermal Insulation – Epoxy flooring can provide better thermal insulation in your garage, which helps reduce energy costs. This is a great selling point for potential buyers and can help you get a higher price for your home.
- Safety – The anti-slip properties of epoxy help reduce the risk of slipping, especially when wet. This is great for garages, as it ensures that drivers and other visitors to your property will stay safe. There are even additional anti-slip coatings that can be added to your floor to boost traction.
- Value – Installing epoxy flooring in the garage can result in a higher resale value for your home. It also helps to attract potential buyers, as they will appreciate the fact that their new property is already fitted with this durable and low-maintenance flooring solution.
- Return on Investment – The cost of installing epoxy flooring in the garage can be easily recovered when it’s time to sell. You can expect to get back around 80% of your investment, which makes this a great option for those looking to boost their property value without breaking the bank.
- Versatility – Epoxy is a versatile material that can be used in both residential and commercial settings. Its customizable properties allow you to choose from an array of colors and textures, making it easy to find something that fits your needs.
Epoxy flooring is an excellent way to instantly boost your property value while also providing practical benefits. If you’re looking to sell your home or just spruce up your garage, epoxy floors are one of the best investments you can make.
Now that you know why epoxy can incr